Definitions and Interpretation
Data: collectively all information that you submit to Crosby Electrical Services Ltd via the website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definition provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws: any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR: the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Crosby Electrical Services Ltd: Crosby Electrical Services Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 02018379, whose registered office is at Fourth Floor, Clerks’ Well House, London, EC1M 5TU;
User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Crosby Electrical Services Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Crosby Electrical Services Ltd and access the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website: the website that you are currently using, www.crosbyelectrical.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Crosby Electrical Services Ltd is the “data controller”. This means that Crosby Electrical Services Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
How we collect data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
Data that is given to us by you
7. Crosby Electrical Services Ltd will collect your Data in several ways, for example:
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access our website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
Our use of data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. Specifically, Data may be used for the following reasons:
10. We may use your Data for the above purposed if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests, if you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see “Your rights” section below).
Who we share data with
11. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
Keeping data secure
12. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
13. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this email address: email@example.com.
14. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices from fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org.uk. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
16. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
17. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
18. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
19. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. Within the UK, it is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s can be contact via their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
20. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changed during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
23. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
24. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
27. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
28. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Crosby Electrical Services Ltd by email at email@example.com.
(Doc Reference Date : 10/07/2019)